Sadly, the Vita does a few things better than the switch despite it being an older system by a generation.
- Vita comes out of the box with a working web browser, Netflix,etc(as of 2017–18 the Nintendo is working to get that going)
- The Vita has a better online network thanks to psn. No friends code needed to add friends. Switch requires phone app hooked with switch to voice chat. Vita has a built in mic and external mic can be used to voice chat without phone
- Switch can’t connect to Bluetooth headset without purchasing a Bluetooth dongle. Vita can
- Sony has more cross support between their ecosystem. Vita can Play all ps1 classics and PSP digital games on PSN store and some Vita games are free if users buy the same game on PS4 or ps3 and vice versa. Some Vita games can compete and play with the PS3 version. Switch can’t play virtual Wii games or 3ds games purchased in eShop in the past.
- Both versions The Vita has better gaming battery life. The switch is around 3 hours while the 1st Gen Vita gets a good 4hour and the 2nd gen slimmer, Vita 2000, gets around 5 hours of game time.