Does the PlayStation Vita have features that are better than the Nintendo switch?

Sadly, the Vita does a few things better than the switch despite it being an older system by a generation.

1. Vita comes out of the box with a working web browser, Netflix,etc(as of 2017–18 the Nintendo is working to get that going)
  2. The Vita has a better online network thanks to psn. No friends code needed to add friends. Switch requires phone app hooked with switch to voice chat. Vita has a built in mic and external mic can be used to voice chat without phone
  3. Switch can’t connect to Bluetooth headset without purchasing a Bluetooth dongle. Vita can
  4. Sony has more cross support between their ecosystem. Vita can Play all ps1 classics and PSP digital games on PSN store and some Vita games are free if users buy the same game on PS4 or ps3 and vice versa. Some Vita games can compete and play with the PS3 version. Switch can’t play virtual Wii games or 3ds games purchased in eShop in the past.
  5. Both versions The Vita has better gaming battery life. The switch is around 3 hours while the 1st Gen Vita gets a good 4hour and the 2nd gen slimmer, Vita 2000, gets around 5 hours of game time.

Despite all the features, it is quite clear how hard it is to get the Vita in certain markets compared to the Nintendo Switch. Plus, hadn’t Sony planned to discontinue the console?

1 Like

Yes,the Vita has been discontinued.
The reason I think was that too few games were available for it.
Nintendo switch almost made the same mistake when they launched the console at first with only 1 major game.

True! Plus I think there’s a huge disconnect between games designed for traditional consoles and those for handheld consoles particularly Nintendo Switch

Handheld consoles are not meant for long usage. If I remember clearly,when psp was being released,one of the pitches to the public was that it would be great for gamers who are always on the road.
Also I don’t think the handheld consoles had the same power as the normals in tech support.

1 Like

But I also feel like the creation of game networks that can let people keep playing console games on their phones has also hindered the development of handheld consoles. Why buy a Nintendo Switch when I can just carry my Xbox controller and phone and be on my way?

I believe emulators are made by individuals and not the company who own the name(for example,psp emulators for Android are not made by Sony). In a way,the emulators might be illegal