Are people who play Android games gamers?

A vast majority of individuals who play Android games prefer playing games belonging to the causal genre as they usually play games to keep them relaxed.
I believe the term gamers first started among hardcore PC gamers who enjoy games like dark souls.
Also,PC gaming and console gaming is an expensive hobby unlike most Android games that do not have any price cost.
As such when Android gamers started referring to their selves as gamers,it made the PC and console gamers angry.

I think the word gamers should be broken down into two(causal gamers and hardcore gamers). This way everyone can find himself in one category.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

3 Likes

I tend to think that anyone who enjoys playing digital games is a gamer, mobile or console

I think the word gamers actually originated among PC gamers. That’s why when a person says he or she is a gamer,it is assumed that they play hardcore games

Times have changed so serious android game players deserve to be called gamers too

2 Likes

Exactly! Especially now when the likes of PUBG and COD mobile are being integrated in esports as well

1 Like

According to a definition online, a gamer is a hardcore gamer not just a gamer

Anyone who is serious about playing games on any platform is a gamer

2 Likes

Totally agree @kizito :+1:

1 Like